Short Press Quotes
"Quality performances superbly recorded"
- Classical Guitar Magazine (London, England), February 2012
[From review of Fowler's latest CD Sonata
- Springfield Classical Guitar Society, Illinois
"This beautiful music was played by a masterful guitarist."
- Connecticut Classical Guitar Society
"Guitarist François Fowler rendered the solo part with utter aplomb"
- Richard Todd (The Ottawa Citizen, Canada)
"…one of the finest guitarists it has ever been my pleasure to work with."
- Bruce Holzman (Florida State University), 2002
"…a solid sense of structure and phrasing allied with a great musical sensitivity"
- Jacques Hétu (Composer)
"…sense of musicality that left the audience spellbound."
- Classical Guitar Society of Tallahassee
"… up to the high standards that we have come to expect from GFA winners and finalists."
- Jerry Snyder (California Guitarist and Author)
"…a very refined technique, whose mastery of the instrument was made apparent."
- Eduardo González (Academic Secretary of the Faculty of Music of La Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León, Mexico)
"…one of the finest guitar recitals which I had the pleasure to audit in the last 30 years"
- Dr. Michael Kasha (Guitar maker, Institute of Molecular Biophysics-Florida State University, colleague of Andrés Segovia), 2001
"This was one of the strongest student recitals I have heard in over 25 years."
- Douglas Voice (former Chair, Professor of piano, University of Ottawa), 1995
[Jury comments for Fowler's 1995 undergraduate recital at the University of Ottawa]
"… Francois Fowler performed his own solo composition, Meditation. This was a strong composition, somewhat dark and serious in tone, but very satisfying."
- James Flood (Clevelandclassical.com), March 2012